Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Stone Cold Change


I love art techniques that make me feel like I am a mad scientist or a magician!  I just love taking a piece of plain white paper and transforming it into beautiful color!  For this card, I took glossy white cardstock and transformed it into faux copper with the help from Lydia at Splitcoaststampers.
Lydia has a new technique twist on an old favorite which she shared for the  TL663 challenge.   She also said we would get "bonus points"(simply a fun way to add a little something extra to a challenge) for creating a Fall card so I turned to this gorgeous sentiment from the New Leaf stamp set from The Project Bin.  
To create the background, I used a soft disposable cloth, (cotton balls would have been great but I couldn't find any) and added rubbing alcohol to it.  Then I added drops of reinker, next I spritzed with Mustard Color Shine spray and finally I pounced copper Perfect Pearls onto glossy cardstock.


I buffed it until I had the pattern I was looking for.  The end result IRL is a piece that looks like copper!  I tried to capture some of its shine pictured below.


Thanks for looking! I hope you are inspired to take an old technique out, dust it off and give it new life with a spin!  


7 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Angela! Do I dare try it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed this does look like copper! just WOW girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Angie, you really were like a mad scientist with this technique, and what a beautiful effect...I can see the shine in your last photo! It's stunning and a perfect background for the sentiment with the sweet leaves you've added! Beautifully done, sweet friend...beautiful! Hugs and love, and enjoy the fall!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever! I would not have guessed this was paper. It looks like thin metal glued to the card!! I am really impressed with the technique! Another beautiful card from Angela Bode and the Project Bin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! what a pretty creation. love the look, it does look like copper. you did this technique, PROUD. course you always do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Autumn card Angie! Love the inky background and pretty leaves! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...