Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Pumpkin Project


It's Wednesday and that means it's time to play with a new sketch (SC665) challenge at Splitcoaststampers. 

 For the background on my card, I used the Paint Swiping technique which Cathie shares in the tutorial section at Splitcoaststampers. The images are from the Fall For You stamp kit by Unity Stamp Co.  I think the images in this kit are adorable and the sentiments are fun too.  

I love teal pumpkins, I think they are so eye-catching so I colored my first pumpkin with teal markers then masked it and placed a large orange pumpkin behind the teal one.  

 Did you know that teal pumpkins are not just a pretty decorating trend but a symbol for raising awareness of food allergies?   Putting a teal pumpkin on your doorstep means you have non-food treats available, This simple act promotes inclusion for trick-or-treaters with food allergies or other conditions.  Find out more at FARE: The Pumpkin Project.


I am so thankful you stopped by my blog today, have a great day!!!  


5 comments:

  1. A truly stunning card. I love your 'spin' on the swiping techniques and hope you will share one time how you did it. Beautiful colouring of your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours. I have never seen a teal pumpkin, but what a gorgeous contrast.
    We won't be "playing" this year as it falls on a Tuesday and I am not home until 8:45pm and the kids will be done by then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Angie - as a grandmother of a family with at one point multiple food allergies, this (Teal pumpkins) is a brilliant idea.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And I learned something about teal colored pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Angie, you've really captured the colors of autumn in the background...amazing! And what beautiful pumpkins! I had never heard of the teal pumpkin, but it sure makes a lot of sense. Such a stunning card...I love it!! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Savor Every Moment - IO April Release Hop

Hello everyone!  Impression Obsession has a fantastic April Release!  I will jump right into it but check out the hop details below! The swe...