Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Rainbow on the Way


Hello, friends!   This card was inspired by a couple of earth day challenges over at Splitcoaststampers that were held on Friday, April 22nd.  For F4A322 Robin asked us to feature something from nature and for bonus points add a 3D embellishment.  I chose to feature the Rays of Hope stamp from Red Rubber Designs.


Since I chose this inspirational sentiment from Wherever You Go with the mention of the chance to see a rainbow, I decided that I would forgo traditional yellow/orange sun rays and add a rainbow of beams.

For the MIX169 Anna asked us to feature Water, Wind, or Fire in some way.  Without water there isn't a rainbow so I went with water and for my second medium, I watercolored in between my distress inked beams with gelatos.  I then finished off the project with clouds and a wood veneer bird.


Thanks so much for stopping by today, now here's one more look at the stamp sets I featured in this project.



Happy Stamping!

Angie

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Angie, I saw this beautiful card on the Red Rubber Designs blog and LOVE it! I really love the rainbow colors and the beautiful layout! Stunning card and one that really makes me smile! Hugs and Happy Mother's Day, precious friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful creation. i love that you used the rainbow colors for the sun rays. you are so creative. and your little bird, the perfect accent. i'm so glad you gifted me with some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love that rainbow and your whole card design. Good job on using the 3D embellishment too!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Hello, this week at the Free 4 All Challenge we are adding Five Dots!   These can be enamel dots, sequins, hand-drawn, stamped, gems, pearls...