Sunday, December 27, 2015

Let it Snow with Red Rubber Designs Stamps



Hello!  Are you one of the lucky ones enjoying the warm weather this December?  Do you think you are lucky if you are experiencing warm weather or are you disappointed as my daughter is?  I read that more than 5600 daily records have been broken for high temperatures this December and the interesting part is many of the records being set are during the overnight hours!  Wild!  Well....it may be warm this December but that hasn't stopped me from putting the pretty white stuff all over my cards this week!   

For today's card, I am featuring Red Rubber Designs, Let it Snow stamp set.


I gave my card a frosty look by adding gesso, texture paste, glass beads and glitter to textured cardstock.


The base layer DP has snowflakes printed on it and while I liked the color it was just a little too much so I painted the entire piece with gesso.


I watercolored my winter scene with Iinktense pencils and added a bit of gesso for a little Winter Wonderland!

Before I go check out Red Rubber Designs  fabulous sale going on now thru Dec 31st!




Congrats to Pat (aka pvilbaum) for being chosen this week's Featured Stamper at SCS!  She has many beautiful winter cards in her gallery.




9 comments:

  1. Ah, your card is beautiful Angie - makes me feel cool after our 28 oC day here!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have this stamp! Somewhere...
    Great card!
    kReN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this at SCS and had to stop by and tell you how awesome your card is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Angie! What a beautiful scene that you created! Hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Angie!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Toning down paper with gesso is a technique I have enjoyed in the past but forgot about. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous textured card! I feel the chill coming off of it...or maybe that is just the general chill in the air. I'm not in one of those warm places, although I should be living in So. AZ. Something has done gone wrong with the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous holiday creation! Love the beautiful texture and colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know, the textures on this are so amazing Angie.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...