Saturday, May 25, 2013

Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge 161 - Joseph's Coat


Happy Saturday!!!  It's truly a HAPPY Saturday at our house!  School is out!!!  Summer freedom is upon us!!!  I hope it's a Happy Saturday at your house today.  Saturday also means that it's Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.  This week's challenge is to create a card using the "Joseph's Coat" technique.  I had never created a card using this technique before so I used this tutorial : Splitcoaststampers Joseph's Coat Tutorial .  To enter the challenge and see more fabulous inspiration by the design team please visit: Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps .


I took Glossy card stock and sponged two different color inks randomly on the sheet.  Next I stamped the cattail stamp with versamark watermark ink then heat embossed with clear EF.  After it cooled I used my brayer and rolled black ink over the top.  The heat embossed image resists the ink and with a wipe of  a paper towel I cleaned off the remaining ink to reveal the bright colors.

The inside is very similar to last week's inside.  This time I added the leaf stamp to the top corner and changed around the bottom elements slightly.



Stamp set used:
Marsh Silhouettes
Supplies: Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps a HC - Marsh Silhouettes.  Paper: Black Licorice, American Crafts - Amy Tangerine Sketchbook, Misc Yellow Card Stock. Acces: SNSS - SNSS Bird & Feather Dies

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card - colour choices are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Angie! Such a pretty color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I hope to play along as soon as my new stamp set arrives. Hopefully this week, not sure how fast they ship. I think the email said 10 days. I hope the holiday doesn't delay that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used glossy Cardstock, may have to try it soon. Very pretty sillhouette!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...