Sunday, March 31, 2013

March Get Well "Blogging with Friends"

                              I have 2 posts today.  To see my Easter Post please scroll up.

 Hi!  Today is the last day of the month so that means it is time for "Blogging with Friends" monthly challenge where a group of us challenge each other to create card(s) with a theme and then go visiting to see what we've all come up with!  This month's theme is.
 "Get Well" cards  and it's brought to us by Queenbea.    


I am very inspired by my friend Brenda (tessaduck) on SCS with the way she masks and stamps but I am afraid I fell FAR short on this one!  It just didn't turn out the way I had planned and unfortunately time did not allow me to make another so here it is!

On Friday I put aside my "to do" list to play in the SCS challenge Mix-ability.  It's a new challenge and I have been wanting to try it ever since it started.  Instead of cleaning house, or creating cards for deadlines I played SCS "MIX9 use metal" Challenge.

My background behind the rounded frame is aluminum foil inked with Tim Holtz Alcohol Reinkers.  I am still so new to the craft that I don't know how some things work so I wasn't sure that alcohol ink would dry on foil so knowing I didn't have much time in the day to play,  I quickly inked up some foil before taking my kids to school so if it dried it would be dry by the time I got home.  Just as I left I added a drop of yellow and didn't have time to use a brush to blend it.  When I came home....a surprise!  A Yellow circle that works quite nicely as a sun!  

Dina Kowal has a great video out showing how to make beautiful art with foil.  I didn't have time to follow all of it but I did use it to make my "chip board" bird!  Psssstt...it's made from a cereal box!!!


Here is what I came up with

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the CAS Get Well card. Your mixed media card is fab! I would love to spend more time with mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the font on the Get Well Soon Stamp!!!

    T. Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. nice. i really like your bird and that beautiful arch with the foil inside. you're always so willing to try new things. it looks great, especially the little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these cards are wonderful! The mixed media looks super cool and I love the masking and colors on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first card...so simply yet so beautiful. Your second card is awesome! So artsy! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I did their first Mixed challenge, loved it and I want to do more...

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...